Cryotherapy treatments are safe and effective, with excellent results. However, aftercare is important for you to achieve the best possible outcome.
Treatment is usually painless, but can cause some initial irritation, itching or numbness which should resolve within a few hours.
- Redness or a blister may occur initially and a small scab can occur up to 2-4 weeks, do not pick or burst either.
- Do not scratch or pick the affected area
- Most healing can take up to 4-6 weeks
- You can shower/wash as normal including using makeup or moisturise creams.
- Skin tags will turn dark from the base and fall off
- Milia usually flatten and vanish
- Pigmentation areas may become red, raised but will reduce in a few hours, then a dry crust will form, when crust falls away new skin will be pink & shiny, apply SPF 50 to prevent further pigmentation occurring
- Cherry Angioma may go red and raised, but is likely to vanish over 2-4 weeks
- Warts & verrucas, are viral infections so may need more than 1 treatment, repeat after 4 weeks, black spots can occur.
- Pigmented moles, may darken and form a crust, this will come away and the tissue will shrink & be paler, it will slowly blend into normal pigment of your skin over several weeks, it is important use SPF 50
- If any of the affected areas are weeping or sore after 2 weeks you must contact Emma for advice.
a review appointment is advised at 4 weeks